Sentinel is a great company to work for because they provide their employees with many chances to develop their careers internally. I can attest to this because I was just promoted from a new business annuity processor to a graphic designer in marketing! It’s an exciting time for me and Sentinel and I can’t wait to see what comes next.
Part of my new job in marketing is to assist agents with annuity questions I receive through e-mail or over the phone. I get a lot of questions from agents and marketers about our products and services. Fortunately, because I worked in new business as a processor, I have a special perspective on the entire client annuity application process, from start to finish.
So, I’m here to share with you some tips and tricks on making sure your application gets approved quickly! Here are the top five things you can do to ensure a faster processing time.
1. Double check all signature pages. One of the most common errors we receive is when an application has an incomplete signature page. Some signature pages even require additional information such as the city, state, and zip code of where the signature was taken. Double checking the application to make sure all signatures are complete will ensure much quicker processing.
2. Make sure you send us all the paperwork that will be required in order to approve the annuity. If the person approving an application does not have all the necessary paperwork, they have to send it back to processing so that they can track down what is missing. This could take days or even weeks if they can’t get a hold of the agent and/or client in a timely manner. If you applications are complete with all required forms including state-specific forms, we can approve the annuity much faster.
3. If the funds are arriving via transfer or a 1035 exchange, make sure to provide us with all of the transfer company’s information, including their overnight mailing address, fax numbers, telephone number, contract number, maturity date, etc. Many transfer companies require original paperwork, so double check that requirement before sending us a faxed copy of an application. Also, make sure the client’s information is filled out completely on the form, and that they sign and check all appropriate boxes. It also helps speed up the process if you can provide a copy of their statement, and any additional information that the company would require in specific cases (surrender paperwork, certificates, etc.).
4. Follow up with the processors. Our new business processors can be responsible for over 100 applications at any given time. That’s a lot of paperwork! Our processors have a standard follow-up time for each application that is scheduled in their calendar. However, if you have additional information, forms, or corrected paperwork make to submit, be sure to follow up with the processors. If you don’t know what is going on with your application, please call us at 1-800-247-1423, option 4. Our processors and representatives will be happy to work with you on application statuses.
5. Last but not least, don’t be afraid to contact us during our normal business hours (open earlier now at 7 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, Mountain Time) if you have any questions or concerns. We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
We have a fantastic customer and agent support team that can answer your questions and get you the help that you need in order to process your apps quicker. We love working with our agents and want our agents and clients to have a positive experience with us! As always, we look forward to our continued partnership. Thank you for choosing Sentinel Life.
Blog written by: LeiLoni Tilley, Graphic Designer for Sentinel Security Life Insurance Co.